At Boardinghouse Rosenstrasse GbR, we take the protection of personal data very seriously and adhere strictly to the rules of the Data Protection Act and other relevant data protection regulations. As a visitor to our website or our app, we would like to provide you with a summary of the measures undertaken by us to protect your personal data.
Personal data - “detailed information according to § 3 (1) BDSG (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz - Federal Data Protection Act)
concerning personal or material circumstances of a specific or definable individual person (the person concerned)” - will only be collected for technical purposes when visiting our website or our app.
Generally, when you visit our website or our app, information is automatically stored for technical reasons in server log files that your browser has relayed to us. These are:
- Browser type/version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL (the site previously visited)
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- Time of server request.
These data are not allocated to specific individuals. There will be no consolidation of these data with other data sources, and after a statistical analysis the data will be deleted immediately.
In addition, it is only in rare cases that a visit to our website or our app requires you to provide us with more personal data (such as name, address, e-mail address or phone number). This is the case, for example, if you request receiving information by mail or request a concrete and individual offer.
As a rule, we base the protection of personal data on three pillars:
- Full transparency in what and when something occurs with your information, as well as how it is handled
- Data minimisation, i.e. minimising the amount of information requested
- Strict purpose limitation for the use of information provided by you
Under no circumstances will collected information be sold or transmitted to third parties, except when the latter is required for contract management or for service delivery. A transmission to authorities or state institutions that are entitled to receive information is justified only if said transmission is subject to a statutory obligation to provide information or if it is decided judicially. In such cases, the transmission is always limited to the minimum extent required.
After the purpose of information retention is lifted (and after potentially relevant tax and commercial legal periods have lapsed), all of your personal data is immediately deleted, unless an expressed agreement by you exists for a more extensive use of information.
In this connection, you may always informally exercise your right free of charge under the federal Privacy Act (BDSG):
- The right to information (§ § 6, 19, 34 BDSG) concerning the stored personal data, its origin, the recipients or categories of recipients and the purpose of storage
- The right to rectification, blocking or deletion (§ 6, 20, 35 BDSG) of personal data
- The right to object, effective for the future (§ 28 BDSG)
You may at any time revoke consent granted for the collection of information, its storage and use thereof, without stating any reasons.
Address your enquiries or your general comments or complaints about data privacy to the following contact options:
Boardinghouse Rosenstrasse GbR
Phone: +49 40 4600 2676
Fax: +49 40 4600 2678
The protection of personal data is a very important part of our company policy. This is achieved through training, active communication and the written commitment to data privacy, as well as compliance with data protection requirements by all employees and external service providers.
All technical and organisational, physical and logical facilities and measures in the field of data protection, IT and information security are used to protect against damage, destruction or unauthorized access to stored data, as well as to achieve the goals of protection of confidentiality, availability and integrity.
Persons under 18 years of age should not disclose personal data to us without the consent of parents or guardians. We do not request any personal
information from children and young persons. We do not collect it and do not disclose it to third parties.
If you visit one of our websites or our app, it is possible that we store information in the form of a cookie on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are sent from a web server to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Other than the internet protocol address, no other personal data of the user is stored. This information will help us to automatically recognize you on your next visit to our websites or our app and make navigation easier. For example, cookies allow us to tailor a website or our app to your interests or to save your password so that you do not have to enter it each time.
If you use external links that are offered through our websites or our app, this privacy statement does not extend to these links. In so far as we provide links, we assure you that at the time the links were set up there were no legal violations on the linked Internet sites. However, we have no control over the compliance with privacy and security regulations by other providers. Therefore, we recommend that you obtain more information from the websites of other providers concerning their data protection declarations.
(1) “The service provider shall inform the user in a generally comprehensible manner at the beginning of the user activity on the nature, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data, as well as the processing of his data in countries outside of the scope of Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of October 24, 1995 on the protection of individuals, with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (OJ EC No. L 281, p 31), provided that such notification has not already occurred.”
Hamburg, April 2014